Creating Multimedia: Take To The Hills?
Results are in: I do not need to take to the hills, I survived trying Anchor for the first time! And I actually had fun with it, so there is hope for everybody out there :-)
My first attempt at a podcast: https://anchor.fm/amy-townsley
I decided to do a very informal and brief "review" of a new book I am currently reading, The Light Pirate Lily Dalton-Brooks. I can't decide if I liked this experience because I got to talk about a great book or equal parts enjoyment from trying something new and succeeding! But regardless, I am actually interested in continuing this kind of project on the side as a great way to get my thoughts out on books but realize this experiment was very one-sided and a podcast would greatly benefit from a two-way conversation!
I would LOVE to also try this at the high school where I work with my newly formed Student Library Advisory team who are itching to do book reviews and talk about their love of books. I think this could also work for even reluctant readers who could interview fellow student or teachers' reading experiences or what they would love to see added to the library collection, for example.
Also fiddling with Google Podcasts and Audible will help me compare this tool to Spotify, but my main reason for choosing Anchor for this blog assignment was its music feature. So there it is, for better or worse.
I will end this entry with an inspiring and important observation from Renee Hobbs who opens her book, Create to Learn: Introduction to Digital Literacy with the statement, "If you want to do something well, don't just listen, take notes, and sit for a test. Instead, create or make something where you must apply and use what you learn." I think this is so important to share as a valid way that students can proudly showcase their own learning within the school and larger community and hope to increase this medium in the school.
Comments
Post a Comment