OPAC Up Close!

 

I enjoyed comparing different online public access catalogs through Capterra with my partner this week. This is an incredibly helpful website for librarians to make informed decisions about what library management system fits best their needs. 



I am currently using Follett Destiny and always thinking about areas of improvement and costs, so I found this week's module very practical and helpful.

I am posting our comparison to reference later on and am looking forward to reading through other team presentations. The analysis includes our interview notes as well.

I have found Follett, although widely used, to be somewhat clunky but am thrilled to have discovered as a result of the class discussion that I do have access to Titlewave for in-depth analysis and genre tags. This is an incredibly useful tool.

I am currently working with our school's IT Department to help give access to students so they can log into their accounts (as well as working with the Administration to address this change) and hope this will help with my "spring cleaning" of overdue books. 

One positive about Follett is its amazing Customer Service. They know me by name at this point. 👀😂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For Everyone!

Creating Multimedia: Take To The Hills?

Don't Like Reading Or Tired Of The Same Old Plot? Try Something New!